Sunday, November 9, 2008

Greetings from Athens




Wow - we finally made it! It continues to be an adventure. More delayed flights, more lost luggage. But we finally made to our "4 Star" hotel, Hotel Stanley in Athens. The view reminds us of the goat house in Mamma Mia.


But it's not all bad, just a learning experience! HAHA! We've enjoyed meeting people on our trip, families from all over the US. Our first stop on this trip is Athens, which is not the pretty site we see in films. It's rather industrial looking. We arrived in Athens on Saturday, got settled into "Camp Stanley". Sunday morning we headed off the Corinth to visit the Corinth museum. We first stopped at the Corinth Canal - which was quite a site, but horrified me (Jennifer) to stand on while taking pictures. The smile on my face is misleading - I couldn't wait to get off the bridge. It's hard to imagine that it was built over 100 years ago. Believe it or not, you could actually bungy jump off of it - that's NOT on my "Things to do before I turn 40 list".

1 comment:

Gigi said...

I don't want to bungee off of anything ever! Definitely not on my bucket list!

Hugs to you both!